View Single Post
      07-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #43
Silver E90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_CSL_E92 View Post
Yea i thought so, bit sad actually and sort confirms that many buy the cars because of the badge and not really what the badge stands for.
I could be wrong though.

Hope you did not take it offensively it was really just a question
I´m like you, but only really follows 2 series right now.

F1 obviously
ALMS GT class cheering for BMW! They have gotten themselves a damn good car this year with the new aero pack it just looks stunning!

Last year it was the constructor or team title and hopefully this year it´s the driver´s title aswell.

They have won the first two events of the season and got third place in Le Mans 24H despite having the fastest car on the grid taking pole and all.
And i watched some hours of Imola 6 hours, not sure but i think they got a podium there aswell. with the Ferrari´s taking the Top2 spots

And again BMW was leading the race

True but F1 really has zero to do with the cars they build for the streets.
But i agree, it´s the pinnacle of motorsports in a way.
Question is why you stopped watching it?

I’m very much like you. I really started to follow F1 when BMW entered and went to three straight Grand Prix at Indy, starting with the 2005 tire fiasco. I still watch F1, but I find myself cheering for the BMW drivers of Kubica and Vettel the most. But since BMW has moved into endurance racing and ALMS with the M3 GT, that is what I am really following. I’ve been to Mid-Ohio and Road Atlanta for ALMS races in the past and they are such great events to go see in person. I’m guessing I’ll start following the DTM as well, but I still loving watch BMW in Le Mans and the ALMS. I really hope they don’t pull out after this year or next.

I also don’t understand why I just see a few BMW fans at Petit Le Mans and Mid-Ohio. There are hundreds of Porsches and Corvettes in car corrals at RA but I saw very few BMWs. Wish there was a better following!
Appreciate 0