05-19-2020, 10:20 PM   #224
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHighSpeedDriver View Post
I lapped the Nürburgring 15 Mar 2020 around 10:30AM. It was on my bucket list for a while. You will always be faster in an Automatic & better able to quickly learn the track & focus on the racing line & turn in points so don't worry about not having a manual.

I did not yet have my performance brakes installed & I need some anti roll bar, my 1 series still has a lot of body roll despite being on lower Bilstein suspension. Personally I actually enjoyed the twisty Autobahn drive to the ring more than the track lap itself because on the Autobahn I was doing 200 to 250KPH for most of the drive hence my user name.

Please see this amazing footage:
Yes, that is amazing footage! That sounds like the scream of a supercharged engine, if I'm not mistaken.

My dream is to be on the Nürburgring or the Autobahn, but I can only dream of such things because I'm sad to admit that in my old(er) age I fear my mortality and am afraid of going that fast, though I love to watch it on video, and will live vicariously through individuals like you. Thank you!
Appreciate 0