09-26-2015, 04:43 PM   #54
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer9876 View Post
Ok, thinking about putting winter tires/wheels on and would like to do it myself.

There are jack points behind the front wheel and in front of the rear wheel on each side of the car.

If I simply get a floor jack, put a rubber mat (hockey puck) between the jack and the car, lift one wheel at a time and change it, are there any special considerations?

Sorry for the mundane question, but I've seen some posts on here that are incredibly complicated about not lifting on the differential, lifting the entire front of the car because of damage to alignment, using a low profile jack (how low?), etc. etc. etc.

It can't be that complicated, right?

Thanks to anyone that would like to weigh in on this. TIA

You can lift from one frame rail jack point at a time. The car is pretty heavily built, so don't worry about breaking it. You can also lift the front straight off the ground using the rubber jackpoint in the center of the front axle, but thats way too deep and pretty hard to get a jack on.

When I did my suspension my friend and I had to get the car up on stands, and found out that the car will actually fully support itself on just one wheel and a jackstand. Check out the video in the link (sorry for it being sideways, instagram is stupid)

https://instagram.com/p/4P3lqmxzK6/

Appreciate 0