02-21-2010, 07:42 AM   #104
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
I should be be saying thanks to you. haha. Ive been defending american cars for as long as ive been on these boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb3rs View Post

?

None of that matters. It's how they feel.. the refinement and how they behave... not their track-tested times or exact performance figure..!

BMW's suspension speaks to you... it light feeling and balance makes the unthinkable, doable by sheer will/confidence. That DNA has it's grip on many of us here. Undeniable.

That^ level of refinement just won't find it's way into the Mustang line-up. Have some of you dismissed the $25,000 difference? Case-n-point: ask yourself why are you here? ...on a BMW message board.

It's because BMW speaks to you. So, please don't deny... that IRS doesn't matter.
This is exactly the kind of elitist nonsense that gives some BMW owners a snobby reputation. When shown hard fact performance #'s stating that the car is not at the top of the heap the argument switches to "BMW speaks to you" diatribe. Why do you automatically assume that just because you think BMW is the only car worthy of communicating with the driver and American cars DNA isnt? I have a 610 HP Corvette and it speaks to me just fine thank you. And it does so in a much louder voice than a M3/5/6. Other people have cars that also communicate to their owners in a language that maybe you dont understand but thats no that gives you no right to look down your nose and deem them substandard just because you dont get it. Reminds me of a person who puts ketchup on a hot dog and calls others who use mustard on theirs "weird" and not worthy. Theres more to life that just what you like. Kind of childish behavior. Open your eyes man! Just because you dont get it doesnt mean others dont also. And I'm on a BMW board because I just bought a new 135, to join my Corvette. I like both cars. Guess that makes me bilingual.
Appreciate 0