View Single Post
      08-09-2007, 11:18 PM   #9
1monkey
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-dei View Post
Hey Guys,

This is my FIRST POST EVER, but I'd like to throw my 2 cents in the mix...

328i coupe starts at $43,600
328i sedan at $41,000

The 135 HAS TO BE cheaper...

a) the 3-series sedan is BMW's bread and butter - Don't put a more powerful car in that price range... that's like biting hand that feeds.

b) the 3-series coupe is much nicer, let's be honest. Price the 135 too high, and it simply won't sell. No one in their right mind would pick the 135 over the 328 coupe

I'm expecting it to land around $35k

$35k doesn't buy anything... barely a Jetta (I know, I know...) Might sneak out an A3, but you really gotta find a dumb-ass Audi dealer for that one

I expect this car to find it's niche, similar to those who purchased the RSX Type S when it launched; not many people, but hey at least it doesn't look like the 318 (THAT was a total disaster)

Just some thoughts...
Hey, you're thinking the 135i will land in at 35K? Is that fully loaded or starting? If it's fully loaded, then you must be in a perpectual dream state or pass me some of what you're smoking. That's the predicted price for the vehicle in the US.

I read on these forums somewhere that they will actually increase the price of the 3 series a little bit to make room for price allotment for the 1 series. I still have an inclination the 135i fully loaded will be around 45K. Please surprise me BMW lol.
Appreciate 0