View Single Post
      03-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
GTR_Steve
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe

Jezzer,
It is difficult but I would struggle to recommend it for the 1M. To be fair, Titanium Petformance, the UK importer have been good but my issues are not resolved. I still have clearance problems despite the rear section being replaced by Akrapovic. I've purchased some polyurethane exhaust mountings which have helped but appear to be under a lot of stress. The exhaust has been re-aligned four times by 2 Akra dealers and myself to no avail. However this problem has not been mentioned by anybody else so maybe it is a problem with my vehicle?
with regard to the wiring, this is easily resolved, just do not follow the Akra instructions and find an alternative 12v ignition switched supply. They recommend connecting to the rear tail lamps which in Europe are always on, but not in the UK though DRL can be coded to include the tail lamps.
The valve is annoying as I have close neighbours and leave early for work, not a good way to make friends!
It's all a little frustrating as Akrapovic are a great exhaust, I know this from other applications, but from my experience they've not made their best effort on the 1M.
Appreciate 0