View Single Post
      08-27-2022, 11:46 PM   #82
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
I suppose so, in everything I've read "coding" seems pretty specific to just settings changes within the modules. Do people nowadays commonly interchange "coding" with "tuning"? You'll have to forgive me for not understanding when the solution presented to me was to simply "code" the throttle pedal.

It just comes down to some of us having the issue with the 128i and people with N54s having so much more tuneability since there has been more interest and work put in to understand the stock DME. I guess the guys on fb weren't really aware that just flashing the 1M throttle sensitivity tables isn't something readily available to try on the MSV80.
I would guess it's just people playing telephone with information.

"some" people having the issue is probably due to purely the driving habits and/or awareness. It's probably happening to them they just don't even know it. Or their footwork is slow enough the don't experience the lag.

No, it's not something readily available to flash on different DME but it gives hope someone with the knowledge and time will find the tables for other chassis. I wouldn't hold your breath though. There is also "shift bog" torque limiters which were fixed for N54.... it has not been done for any other chassis that I am aware of. Shift too fast and the car throws a 2048 limiter and the next gear bogs for a couple hundred rpm. I am sure N52 has it too.

On the N55 I has always since day 1 noticed a lag in the pedal input. I hoped a SMFW conversion would help by dropping weight. While rpms do shoot up faster with less mass... that initial pedal input lag is still there. You need to almost hold the pedal down for .5 seconds when rev matching before the rpms respond.
Appreciate 1