11-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
sear
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FAST1 View Post
Ok so i filled up the car on friday november 25th. The car drove fine all that day I did have about 40 miles before empty in the tank still.

Saturday i wake up go to start the car and get the ses light.The rpm's run from around 800 up to about 2k and then back down and feels like the car is dying. The car is shaking and has white smoke coming out of the exhaust. I get the codes read and its 29cd 29cf and 29cc. Basically misfiring cylinder 1 and 3 and several. The ses light goes off and the car drives normal.

Sunday I go out to start the car the light comes back on and the car shakes violently and an abundance of white smokes comes from the exhaust. I still have the same codes.

Monday suck it up and drive the car to BMW about a 5 minute ride maybe. Car is shaking at the lights and i have to press the accelorator while braking just to keep it from dying. Also a good bit of white smoke. I go back to Bmw around 1:30 or so after i recieve a call from the service advisor saying the car has bad gas in it. I drive there and he explains whats goin on so i acompany him to the service shop area and the tech tells me what is goin on. They show me gas in a bottle that they say came from my car and that the bad gas was the problem.

The following is what needs to be replaced according to the tech and advisor:
i have part no. if needed
repair kit ( no idea what that is )(#16-14-7-163-298)
hose clamp
Repair kit (#16-14-7-163-296)
Hose clamp
Exchange H core Exchange
ASA bolt
Sensor
Injectors
Decoupling
fuel induction service and additive

The description of zed parts
Fuel pump
Fuel Filter with regulator
Drain and refill fuel tank
High pressure pump
Low pressure sensor
Injectors
Crush rings

Now with all that being said why would gas only cause one side of the banks or 1, 3, and 5 to be misfiring? Am I getting the run around because the dealership does not want to deal with the warranty issue at hand which from what i read is still a problem as far as injectors and misfiring?

Any advice would be great. Also the advisor said that faulty gas is not covered under warranty as it is something i put in the car. As if i actually knew the gas was bad and said sure let me use this instead of what is over there. Is this actually legitimate?

Thanks
Jimmy
It is possible. Did the dealer keep the gas sample for you? If it really was bad gas, you can go after the gas station for the damages. Its not likely to be a cake walk, but possible to get the gas station to claim to their insurance. Clearly having the gas sample and a receipt for the purchase is a must. If you have the proof, contact the gas station manager ASAP. Good luck.
Appreciate 0