View Single Post
      12-12-2015, 04:20 PM   #2
TechieCarGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91, 2008 Z4

First things first… one of the things that I have yet to be able to find are true and accurate specs on the speakers inside the MB Quart component set. Being an old School MB quart Fan; pre-2000 ear stuff, I wanted to do some measurements on these speakers so that I knew a little more about the drivers.

For this thread I will start with the 8-inch mid-woofer. I call it mid-woofer because I have no illusions that the factory driver or any of the drop in replacement, at any price could preform as a subwoofer without major modifications to the car and the enclosure under the seat. A mid-woofer in general is designed to play frequency between about 80 hertz up to around 800 or so, depending on how the system is designed and how the other components fit together. So I am curious to learn more about the woofer included in the quart package.

As you can see by the photos, it is extremely thin.

To do a fair comparison, I wanted to get the oem driver out so I could measure the two speakers together. So next I will have to remove the oem driver from underneath the seats.

In my next post I will highlight the steps I took to do that.
Appreciate 0