View Single Post
      04-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #25
EmmDrei
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 Saphire Black 1M Coupé

@OP: That's all theory and in itself fine and dandy. There is one simple answer: drive a 1M and you'll feel the difference. Imho its suspension suits the 1M even better than it does the M3. Yes I have the latter and I have driven the former. If your 135i outhandles an M3 (which I seriously doubt), then you stand a chance against a 1M. A slim chance. The 1M is lighter and shorter than the M3. Rear wheel drive without a lsd is pointless, performance wise, provided the car has grunt and both the 135i as well as the 1M do. That alone makes a world of a difference. And as far as improving the 1Ms suspensions... I honestly wouldn't know how! Granted you can lower the car and make it look better, but as long as the goal is "daily driver" with an occasional "track option", then imho you cannot set that suspension up any better. The car works on lousy roads, even on cobblestone and yet and still it gives you a cart-like feeling and precision. It really speaks for itself and that is about the best you can say about any cars setup.