06-01-2020, 01:58 PM   #102
austinaslink
Automotive Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 PS2 N55 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Nice. I actually only tried the professional blend, but i do believe it is as advertised wrt the octane rating. Having some timing corrections is normal, where i start to get concerned is if they start getting greater than 4ish on multiple cylinders.

Do you have access and are you willing to run meth? If so, that stuff flat out works!!! And i was running it in what is debated as the less than ideal way, single nozzle through the CP. Even 91 octane and 18 psi, no biggie, logs were clean as can be. On top of that, my IAT was always at something awesome, 75 or 80 degrees. Getting a five gallon drum in socal is fairly priced at about $35. Only reason why I removed it was the quick connect fittings always developed leaks. At first it was the connection in the engine bay, but then i noticed the connection at the fuel pump would leak as well, and i was over it.

But, if you run AN lines, that issue is gone, and with your manifold, you would be running it the best way with regards to even distribution. It would help with the humidity and hot weather you have there as well.

I have definitely thought about running meth! I've just been postponing it in hopes of keeping things simple, and just running an ethanol blend.. I have also heard that the nozzles need to be cleaned regularly, and the connections can leak like you said. I don't like the idea of adding more potential fail points, but I do appreciate the benefits meth could offer. It's something I'm considering.