View Single Post
      04-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
Andres G
4s Club - Are you member?
Rep
Drives:

Ok, got back from the dealership last night with a major disappointment but with a flipside worth $995 in my pocket!

How does this work? Well I guess my torso is out of proportion or my legs are shorter than usual, or maybe I'm Jabba the Hutt... the thing is that I am 6.1' and I do not fit on the 135i with my helmet on (I wear a GForce 750 open face). I'm missing at least 1 full inch of headroom, if not more...

I usually drive very close to the steering wheel when on the track, using my legs up against the center console and door to gain a little additional support when cornering on the track.

I will end up ordering the car with manual seats (wife is a little pissed about this, but saving $995 cannot be that bad after all).

One other thing I can think about if I still want power seats would be to get a lower profile helmet. Anyone know about this type of thing? Are there helmets out there that offer similar protection to these basic ones like the GForce but have a smaller size or a flat top? (this would look really awkward!)

Thanks for the feedback guys and I hope this helps someone else looking into this before buying.

Cheers!
Andres
Appreciate 0