Yogijet
Captain
British Virgin Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i, Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by icasio View Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Just to clarify, after the initial call from the manager informing me of the news coverage I immediately stepped out of the dialogue and let my business manager do the talking with them. We asked for the $10k back. The first call resulted in them offering only $2k back. I declined that offer and went back with $10k or the next person you hear from is my lawyer. And that was Friday. So now my lawyer is stepping in and drafting a formal letter (he feels completely confident we can win the $10k plus legal fees--it's just the hassle of having to go through the process).

I had already purchased the extended warranty and maintenance warranty. Both of those came out to around $7,000. But yeah, it seems like a no brainer for them to have offered to refund that at the very least. Didn't happen.

I'll keep the updates coming as they transpire. And I'll also work on contacting BMWNA about all this.

Thanks again!
Get the lawyer to play tough, which he'll probably do anyway but don't contact BMW NA just yet. That is another leverage position you need to hold on to. The order is dealer first, then if no love, dealer copied to BMW NA, and if still no love, dealer and BMW NA with the media-blitz threat to both. It shouldn't get that far, hopefully. My aim would ultimately be to get the 10G back.

The car is unlikely to have been damaged as that could very well have been standard PDI fare. I don't know. I suspect the techs were fired for videotaping and publishing and probably not for an over-zealous PDI effort. The real potential negative for you though, is the existence of the video vis-a-vis resale from a pure PR perspective. I suspect that is the potential loss you're probably looking for them to compensate you for. I wouldn't because I'm a good egg (j/k) but the average joe buying your car down the road will probably try to use the vid to haggle on price. That plus the $10,000 over invoice price must taste like poison.

Anyway, good luck with this. Keep us posted in any event.

BMW Performance Exhaust, Michelin Pilot Supersports F-225/40, R-255/35, BMW Performance Suspension, BMW Performance black kidneys, Quaife LSD, M3 rear sub-f bushings, M3 front control arm, rear guide rod and rear upper link kits, BMW Performance cross-drilled/slotted rotors, AFE Cold Air Intake.
Appreciate 0