Ginger_Extract
California-bound
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Pad: Hawk DTC70 (F), DTC60 (R)
Suggested use: Track, limited street use
Actual use: 80% track, 20% street
Dust: Terrible, a lot of it, requires strong scrubbing/wheel cleaner to clean wheels. Dust will also cover fenders, but cleans off easily enough.
Rating for actual use: Excellent on track, will not fade. Suck on the street and at autocross.
Notes: Right up front, the DTC70 are too much front pad for my car's level of tire grip, 255 square Hankook RS3. DTC60 front and rear would be much better. Easily manageable on track, but terrible at Autocross, will cause front tires to lock up frequently on less than perfect surfaces. As noted above, the brake dust is brutal, invest in a quality wheel cleaner product. I have gone through 1.5 sets of front pads, and halfway through the original rears. They last about 6-9 track days depending on the track and level of street driving they see. They will never fade, no matter how hardcore you get out there. Speaking of street use, they are AWFUL on the street. They make a constant cyclical "whirring" noise when cold, which is all the time on the street. When actually stopping they are sometimes silent, sometimes noisy, hit or miss. Takes one or two really good stops to have a decent brake pedal, with the first stop of the day being a bit nerve-wracking if you don't allow some extra braking distance. Wear on thwe street is poor as well, they will wear out faster with street driving than they would with 100% track driving. Hard on rotors, lots of rotor cracking, but rotors are cheap, and my original set that I paired with the first set are still hanging in there (just). I got a bunch of these pads for cheap, so I'll be sticking with them for a bit. Next go around, will either use DTC60 up front, or move to a different brand/compound completely for the sake of experimentation. If you use slicks or R-comps, these are the pads for you.
Reviewer: Ginger_Extract
Streets of Willow: 1:27.7 CW 11/15/15; 1:29.5 CCW 8/15/15 |||| Autoclub Speedway ROVAL (CCW): 1.52.6 - 12/2/17
Willow Springs - Big Willow (CW): 1:35.8 - 3/31/18 |||| Buttonwillow #13 (CW): 1:59.3 1/27/18
https://www.facebook.com/JakeStumphRacing |||| http://www.youtube.com/user/RaceMeMZ3
Appreciate 0