Old Pads

Pad: Cool Carbons
Suggested use: Street and Track
Rotors: ECS 2 Piece Fronts, BMWP Rear Dimpled and Slotted
Fluid: Castrol SRF
Actual use: Street and Track
Dust: Minimal
Rating for actual use: Good street pads, bad track pads
Notes: They don't make any noise and there is hardly any dust. Cold bite is reasonable but better once warmed up slightly. Very linear feel to them. They do however leave very significant brake pad deposits and stick to the rotor whenever you wash the car. Causes significant brake shudder when on the track. On the track I really wouldn't recommend them. They wear incredibly quickly on the track and will fade significantly if pushed.
Reviewer: froop

Pad: Ferodo DS2500s
Actual use: Predominantly track with minimal street driving
Dust: Similar to OEM, reddish colour, very noticeable
Rating for actual use: Good street pads. Good track pads.
Notes: Linear feel, no pad deposits, some moderate squealing on the street. Need a little warmth in them before they properly bite but not unsafe at cold temps. No slot to fit brake pad wear sensors. They wore at a moderately quick pace but did notice some significantly crumbling towards the end of its life. Mild fade on the track but never goes completely off.

Current Pads E82

Pad: ProjectMu HC+
Actual use: Minimal street driving, not yet taken to the track.
Dust: Slightly less than OEM
Rating for actual use: Good street pads
Notes: Linear feel, no pad deposits, some moderate squealing on the street, strong bite. Need a little warmth in them before they properly bite but not unsafe at cold temps. OEM shims don't actually fit due to the width of the backing plate so there is some movement of the pads with associated sound within the caliper when rolling backwards and forwards. Have yet to take them to the track so will give an update when I do.

Current Pads E88

Pad: ProjectMu NC400
Suggested use: Street
Rotors: IAP/Dura International (OEM BMWP) Drilled/Dimpled and Slotted Rotors
Fluid: OE Fluid
Actual use: Street
Dust: Minimal
Rating for actual use: Good street pads but very noisy
Notes: Linear feel, no pad deposits, good bite. Need a little warmth in them before they properly bite but not unsafe at cold temps. OEM shims don't actually fit due to the width of the backing plate so there is some movement of the pads with associated sound within the caliper when rolling backwards and forwards. They are currently extremely noisy. I used a generous amount of brake grease when installing them but I also haven't done any brake bedding procedure so it's possibly due to that. Still, very very loud which is odd for a street pad.