05-05-2019, 01:44 AM   #347
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by buldogge View Post
If you're trying to acclimate that flooring, it should have been left in bundles and cross-stacked...and elevated from the tile. With it all stacked tight, there is gonna be a moisture content difference between the top/middle/bottom.

Do you have a meter?

What's the subfloor?? (need to check the moisture content there, as well)

(this is all assuming a solid product with a nail down installation)

-Mark in St. Louis
my house stays at a room temperature of about 68 degrees. there's actually plenty of air going through these stacks as there's about a 1\2" space between stacks as the pictures don't do it justice. no need to cross stack them either as that could actually cause the boards to bow in the middle while they acclimate being these are 6' lengths. I had all boxes mixed together to keep a nice variance. these bamboo flooring are packaged in a tight plastic wrap and when open has a damp feel to it. after 3 days I than restack them from the bottom to the top again mixing up the stacks. after 7 days the boards are completely dry. been doing this for 20 years with no issues whatsoever from any of my past customer's whom a lot of them are friends and even after visiting them I have yet had any one of them tell me their boards buckle, shrink or move. these are not nailed down as they are floating. the subflooring has an insulated basement underneath so floor temperatures are fine. thanks for the concern tho
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 05-05-2019 at 01:50 AM..
Appreciate 0