View Single Post
      06-13-2017, 10:09 AM   #2
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
I'm trying to determine if a square setup of 18x9.5 ET42 square setup, with 255's on all 4 corners could work. Got a set of these wheels from an E46 that has since been sold and hope I can make them work on a E82 rather then selling them off.

From the searching I've done I think the rears will fit pretty easily. My issue is if the fronts could be made to work.

Tires would be 255 RE11's. Stock sport suspension, with currently ~ -2 front camber. With the appropriate spacers and fender roll could I get this to work up front?
Up front, you'll need at least a 12mm spacer, -2* camber or more, and a fender roll.

Those wheels won't work at all in the rear without a lot of work. You'd have to pull your fenders a good 15mm, run really higher camber, or run some stupidly stretched tires like. You need ET58-ET62 in the rear to fit a 9.5" without doing modifications to the fenders and needing to run excessive camber or poorly fitting tires.

so, it can be done, it's just not ideal. Also, there is no reason to run 9.5" wheels if all you plan on is 255's. Get a proper set of 17x9's. Much better suited to that tire and you'll be able to get tires that better match stock aspect ratio. 255/40/17 is goign to perform better on a 9" wheel, require less work, and be massively cheaper to buy since it's a common tire size.

18x9.5's will limit you to running 30-35 series tires. It's is a huge jump in price and you'll still be increasing sidewall height quiet a bit from stock aspect ratio. The price difference of the tires alone can buy you a cheap set of 17x9 wheels to run 255's on...

Last edited by bbnks2; 06-13-2017 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 0