EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommolog View Post
The person that told you that was wrong! They are available now and there are only a few left(maybe 150 or so of the 700 available) There is no way any of them will be available in June. The application process opened on January 20th and you can walk in to a dealer now and fill out the paper work and have one reserved for you.

Also the EVSE(charger) can cost that much if the labor is very high. You can buy one for under $1,000 and install it yourself(with your own electrician) It just needs a dedicated 40 amp circuit run to your garage (#8 wire). The electrical contractors that are installing these are in many cases ripping people off, it's a very simple, three wire connection, that's all. I've installed three of them myself and I'm not an electrician.
If your smart about it, you can buy one and install it for under $1,000. Paying $3,000 for one is a joke. I have two of them in my garage, see the pic below:
oh i had a question. is the charging handle the same for all electric cars? ie will it plug into a nissan leaf and charge for example?
Appreciate 0