View Single Post
      10-15-2008, 12:43 PM   #36
I-One-Da?
That One Guy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0l3n View Post
hmm...i know that avatar :smile: that sux brandon, it's such a new car! i hope everything gets resolved...see ya at detail day

Hue <----was bored @ work (browsing car forums) that's how bored i am :biggrin:
Whats up Bro?

Damn, you tracked me down:biggrin:

So update time...

I was on my way to work this morning and I got the same damn light and the car went into limp mode again. I had about a 1/4 tank of gas left this time. It has been about 3 weeks or so since I last got the light but like I said above, the car has not been running great since the last time it was in the shop.

At this point I am fed up with the car and hope that BMW will do the right thing and get me out of this lemon. Even if they can fix the issue at this point I am still worried about depreciation, longevity of the reliability, and what damage all of these misfires have caused. Not to mention that everytime I drive the car now I am afraid to give it any throttle in fear that the car will go into limp mode againI bought a 135i to drive it, not to baby it all the time.

So far I have been pretty lucky in that the times the car has gone into limp mode I have not been in a situation where I needed the acceleration. This could be a very big safety issue if I was in the middle of passing and the car suddenly went into limp mode:eyebulge:I am afraid to let my wife drive the car now too because of this.

Now I don't want it to sound like I am bad mouthing BMW in any way here. I understand that lemons happen with every brand there is. I just hope that BMW being a luxury, service oriented company will do the right thing here:roundel:

Addicts- Am I out of line here thinking that I am entitled to 100% reimbursement for the $$ I paid for the 1er and they take it off my hands?

Thanks for everyones support here:w00t:

Brandon
| Alpine White | Coral | Gloss Black | Paddles | Sport | Comfort | Heated Seats | I-Pod | Performance Rotors | Shadowline Grill | GB E-Brake | GB Gear Selector | 35% Tint | BMS Intake | GP Thunders | Debaged | Bimmian Black Roundels |
Appreciate 0