View Single Post
      12-04-2017, 09:08 PM   #65
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by berns View Post
As for spring rates and tracks... Buttonwillow has a few major bumps in it, especially if you're going for the fastest lap, which includes some curb hopping. My spring rate choices were guided by what's been successful on this platform, however, despite being advised to run this setup, I find it to be too soft. You can see here, I'm lifting the front inner tire on a turn and the next image is way too much compression coming onto the straight. The stiffer rear sway bar and stiffer springs should help the car behave at the limit.

I think youre lifting the inside front because your rear spring rate is too low. That is where you should start before you go changing anything on the front. The soft rear is very apparent in that pic.

Also, take into consideration what moving to a stiffer spring will do to your droop travel. You typically want 60% bump and you may end up with 0 droop travel.

Moving to a stiffer front spring might also put you in a position where those 255s are no longer enough tire and youll just end up dialing in understeer.

Last edited by bbnks2; 12-05-2017 at 07:13 AM..
Appreciate 0