nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM3 View Post
^ great shots! I want that E46!
I want one of each! E30, E46 and even E90! They look great. Wish they had white 1M for the pic for optimal comparison.

On the M2, It looks great on the outside, though not a fan of LB Blue and the rear tail lights look weird, but with that said it looks great and performance looks great but it's just another iteration of the uber complex modern day unfocused make everyone happy cockpit. Really, if I could get the no idrive no screen cockpit, I would've probably gotten it. It's not special because those cockpits are a dime a dozen....every car has them. Now I see sunroof, active suspension options, probably active sound and all those things that EVERY new BMW has. When the 1M came out it was different. No sunroof! No Manual, No active suspension option.... whether you wanted that stuff or not is irrelevant....it was different and special.

The three thoughts I have now are:

1. I hope this doesn't become a 1M vs M2 bitch thing. M2 is a great car that BMW needed to build and very cool.

2. I'm so fatigued about everyone taking shots at the 1M. First the M235i, now the M2. Get a life BMW! Yes it's faster!!!! Both are but some of this comes from automatic gearboxes, better tires than the original, more development time etc. Whatever deficiencies the 1M has, whether handling, lag, traction control issues, understeer, etc. They are real. No automatics, no fake sound, just real and that makes it stand out from all of the new BMWs.

3. Finally on "dated looks" W H A T E V E R!

Here are pics of my other favorite "DATED" looking cars!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1