View Single Post
      02-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #1
tomtuning
JB4 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

UNKNOWN PART! Trunk Foam Insert (TPMS / RDC Module Mount)

Hello all,

Recently my trunk was left open in the rain, resulting in about a foot of water covering my battery, amp (behind trunk liner on driver's side) and RDC tire pressure module (behind trunk liner on the passenger side).

The amp is somehow completely fine, although my driver's side subwoofer blew as a result. In addition, my TPMS module (RDC module) also failed. THIS is the part I purchased to replace the dead one. It is functioning but I do not have anywhere to mount it as I seem to have lost the massive foam insert that resides behind the trunk liner on the passenger's side. This part was lost when I brought it inside to dry and a family member threw it out thinking it was shipping material..

I have been searching for about two hours now and called two BMW dealerships to ask the part guys for help. No one has been able to figure out what part number is associated with the foam insert that holds the RDC module.

If someone knows about this part or what it is called, I would be greatly appreciative of your help. If an owner of an e82 can pull back the passenger side trunk liner and inspect the foam insert holding the RDC module I will FOREVER be in your debt.

Part number for RDC module: 6 785 279
Location of foam: Passenger's side (US) Trunk, behind the trunk liner.

Thanks for the help

EDIT: I dug through my trash and found it! The part number is 527582 11 - which is the same part number as the jack stand... no wonder the dealers couldn't find it. Here are some pictures of the part:

Last edited by tomtuning; 02-10-2017 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0