View Single Post
      11-23-2018, 08:55 AM   #22
Blacksport
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeard View Post
Thought about this option, but didn't like the sound of it to be honest. Sounded very airy and light to me. Also, price was way more than my whole setup (~$250). I am sure the magnaflow addresses the drone issue, but it doesn't bother me. Magnaflow is definitely a great brand and has been around for years, so I understand why many go that route. Thank you for your reply!
A couple of points on your response...I have AA headers and lower cats only, the upper cats are built into the stock exhaust manifold so they're gone...Headers add a sweetness to the exhaust note that you cannot get with a cast-iron manifold...There is no "droning", with the windows up & A/C on, you can barely hear it on the highway. And the sound? More than a few BMW owners have commented at traffic lights, "Damn, that thing sounds so sweet..." There's a huge difference between muffler-less, back-firing, irritating loudness and the sweet performance sound of properly-dampened headers...
'13 128i 6sp, '19 Cherokee Ltd 3.2, '17 Ducati SuperSport S Gone But Not Forgotten: 74 Z28, 77 Datsun 280Z (1st 5sp in US), 92 Nissan 300ZTT, 94 MB SL600 V12, 01 M Roadster, 66 Yamaha TwinJet 100, 70 Suzuki X6 Hustler Race: GP/FP Spitfire SCCA, Merlyn FF SCCA, Mazda RX7 IMSA GTU, Yamaha FZR 400 AMA.
Appreciate 1
smeard136.00