View Single Post
      07-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #38
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

During the Belgian meet, I had the chance to try Geert's Performance seats and they felt quite similar in (sideways) hold as our stock seats (if you pump up the side bolsters you might even find the stock seats tighter). My not so compelling arguments in favor of the performance seats: they just look much better than stock and they add some 1-2 inches legroom to the backseat. I'd be interested in a simple weight comparison, particularly against the non power stock seat. This used to be a non-brain mod for me, but after having seen them, it's worth considering implementing tiltable Recaro PP's (CSL style)

Some performance seat tech/install info from the horses mouth attached. Seat height is addressed in chapter 7: BMW perf seat instructions.pdf

Coding wise, the following general steps can be done by your friendly neighborhood coder (or its equivalent by a dealer):
- Add code +RECA to the VO List
- FA_write to NFRM and CAS modules
- SG_codieren, process car or just the ABG module
(performing the above, some may get passenger occupancy airbag errors. In that case you might have to manually turn ABG module parameter SBR_SENSOR_BEIFAHRER_MCD to 'nicht_activ' and this should solve the issue (as per KIYO's 1m specific advice on the BMW coding forum)

Last edited by eeghie; 07-19-2013 at 08:12 AM..
Appreciate 0