View Single Post
      11-29-2016, 09:07 PM   #87
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

LCI climate control unit

Picked up an LCI climate control unit off ebay. Perfect condition, no scratches or wear marks on it.

This climate control unit has the ability to lock both climate control zones together with the ALL button. This allows you to change both zones with the driver's side knob, instead of having to do both all the time.

It also has a variable intensity automatic climate control setting, unlike the prelci unit.

I am not 100% sure but it also looks like the screen is slightly different and gives slightly better contrast and is a little brighter.

I initially thought i'd have troubles with not getting the unit with the integrated seat heating buttons as I wanted to reuse my old buttons. I can happily say the heated seats still work fine with my original buttons.

Upon coding the LCI climate controls, I noticed that the unit reverted back to the prelci functionality. I had to change my production date to 2011 and recode to regain the LCI functionality. Maybe it would be possible to obtain the LCI functionality via coding, if your pre lci unit has new enough firmware in it. I'll plug in my old unit at some point and see if it works via coding.
Attached Images