11-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #7
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
Would the car price drop considering the m2 is about to launch in the sense that people will get to know how much the drive away prices are? Apparently I have been told by bmw that the car is going to be pretty much full option.

What would the 1M price be now for something like under >20k or even >10k on the clock because the price difference between the two mileage is a lot.
I'm sure there will be a few 1M owners trading in for a M2 especially as they would be coming off a 4 year lease around this time and in the future.

It would be nice to know what the typical bmw trade in price would be (of course it would depend on mileage, condition, amount of options ordered on the new M2) but say BMW were to offer $70k trade in typically most owners would be hoping for say $72-75k private sale. Of course they may list it firstly at $80k, then as the trade in date gets closer the seller will start to drop his price in a desperate attempt to sell for anything above the hypothetical trade in price of $70k.

The key would be to try and buy just before there trade in is due so you can get it for a great price, and the seller makes a little bit of profit over his bmw trade price...
Appreciate 0