View Single Post
      07-26-2018, 09:26 PM   #15
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
I did camber plates and stiffer FSB at the same time, so it is hard to evaluate toe contributions of each. It seems to me that addressing the understeer on corner entry really helps with corner exit. Camber up front does that really well, and the car wants to rotate. The throttle is used to settle the car rather than to induce oversteer which I found myself doing before the mods. Coilovers added much better feel and control, but the balance of the car was transformed by giving the front end more camber than the rear. As counter-intuitive as it seems, I found that inceasing front grip relative to the rear truly settled the rear.
I'm actually the opposite. Balance wise, it understeers and is front-limited despite maxed front camber on otherwise OEM suspension. I do not abide by "throttle steering", imo that is just bad practice and not the quickest way. It will also bite you in this car.
My experience is with stock fitment in 19" with Cup2s in OEM fitment tyres; 245 front and 265 rear.
I actually find the car really stable in fast corners due to this, which is simply more speed to be unlocked.

Ultimately by next season, I will aim for:
Bilstein CS 2 ways
18x10 with 275 square
Solid rear subframe mounts

Then proceed from there after evaluating it.
Appreciate 0