06-22-2018, 02:11 AM   #10
Zombie_Head
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: E30 325i 4-Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
You didn't mention water pump, so get after it cuz that's the mother of all preventative maintenance items. Also thermostat and the U-shaped hose while you're in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
I have a '08 128i with 80,000 miles. Other than oil changes, new battery, brakes, shocks and a new AC compressor, everything on the car is factory original parts. I'm not looking for upgrades, but rather just looking for suggestions on parts that are likely to fail soon. I'd rather replace stuff on a proactive basis. Should I replace the accessory belt, coolant hoses? Any suggestions are appreciated.
Everyone already covered everything in this thread.

With the exception of serviceable items (Belt, tensioner, roller, plugs, oil, filters, fluids, brakes etc) the only items i can think of for the N52 engine are:

- Water pump + Thermostat (they last a lot longer on NA cars than turbo cars).

- Oil filter housing gasket (common leak).

- Valve cover gasket (common leak).

- Clean/Replace Vanos sensors (two sensors at the front of the engine, one for intake and one for exhaust).

You may come across the odd/rare issue and require front wheel bearings, oil pan gasket and a few leaks with the power steering system (if you do not have the servotronic option), maybe the AC needs a recharge or check etc

There is a user who replaced all the coolant hoses a few years ago, and said it was not worth the effort.
Appreciate 0