View Single Post
      03-24-2020, 08:58 PM   #1
iEatSand
Private
Rep
Drives: EvoIX, 135i, Fisker Karma ES

135i N54 ghost misfire on high boost/gear

I've tried to track this issue down for a little bit.

Car boosts fine and pulls hard on startup in 1st/2nd gear. Once I get into higher gear it throws the half CEL light and boost cutoff/limp mode. The service engine light pops on for 5-15 seconds and then goes away once I stay off boost.

When the half CEL and SES light comes on the car starts sputtering/misfiring hard when under load.

Once the car drops speeds and is out of boost the codes and half CEL light go away. I scanned the car and checked JB4 for codes and there's nothing showing.

Car is FBO, not running meth.

I did bottom out a little bit ago and I'm wondering if my FMIC piping isn't on all the way... I'll have to check that tomorrow. I did remove the chargepipe and clean it/tighten all connections.

When the half CEL light stays on I can restart the car, it goes away but the car is still barely boosting and feels like it's NA.

I do think the boost solenoid might be going bad as I hear a weird tapping noise as seen on a video, could that be the cause of this issue? Could it be something like plugs/coils? Injectors are Index11 and HPFP is newer. It doesn't feel like fuel cutoff

Someone help!!!!
Appreciate 0