View Single Post
      10-08-2022, 02:53 PM   #34
Thunderguts
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT

So I installed the BMS this morning and the results are satisfactory. There are three stages and within each stage there are three further levels of adjustment. Stage 2 and Race mode are way too aggressive in my opinion. They feel very artificial and it's somewhat difficult to modulate the throttle from a stop.

Even the standard stage 1 is just a little aggressive in my opinion. I dialed it back one click from standard stage 1 and that seems to be the sweet spot. I'll try it for a week and then go back to stock to see how much of a difference it makes.

My goal was only to remove some of the delay inherent in the BMW's throttle programming. The BMS isn't really a fix for that, but it does help mask the problem. It's now easier to blip the throttle for a downshift. You can tap the throttle instead of punching it half-way to the floor before the engine does anything. I really wish there was a true fix, but the 3IM may also help a little when I get around to installing everything.
Official BMWP Whore - BMWP suspension kit w/ M3 arms, BMWP big brake kit, BMWP intake w/Mishimoto tube, BMWP exhaust, BMWP carbon strut brace, BMWP short shifter, and BMWP carbon spoiler. OZ Leggera HLT w/ 245 square setup.

Appreciate 1