View Single Post
      11-23-2019, 09:02 PM   #1
funkays
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i

Upcoming Maintenance - Looking for some additional info

Hey there,

First post on the forums but have lurked for a while since owning my 1 series.

As the thread title suggests I have a couple of jobs I plan to do in the upcoming week on my vehicle and am hoping to try and get a couple questions answered all in one place; apologies if its usually preferred for these to be separated into their own threads. Tl;dr at the bottom

Here's some basic info on my car:
  • Year: 2010
  • KM: ~145,000
  • Single Owner

Questions:

1. I will be changing my front break pads. This I can do as I recently swapped my backs; however I seemed to have ordered the wrong Tire Wear Sensor (despite Amazon suggesting it was the correct one via filters). So i was wondering if anybody could provide a link to both a Front and Rear sensor I could purchase, save me having the same issue as before. I assume for its purpose any old sensor should do?

2. Likewise, I am looking for the proper tool used to remove the bolt of the brake calibers. Last time I used a slight too-small Allen/hex key and it was a nightmare! I feel like I've read 15mm is what i need? but could be mistaken.

3. Final question is regarding Water Pumps. I found user by the name Pkaia524. He had almost the same car as myself. He provided a detailed maintenance schedule he used. Water Pumps are supposedly replaced once in a BMW's lifetime; and at around 150,000 kms. Being at ~146,000 I think now would be a good time to replace it. I have also seen the P2E35 code in the past week; suggesting either imminent doom, or an issue with the connection to the pump (?). Now is this something worth avoiding OEM parts for? If BMW are known to fail? [/LIST]

Apologies for the handful of questions, please let me know if you require any additional information and i can try my best to provide. Thank you in advanced to any info or product links you guys can provide! Slowly learning how to DIY my vehicle and its been a load of fun.

Tl;dr:
Links and/or info on:
Front & Rear tire wear sensors
Proper tool for removal of Brake Caliber bolts
Water Pump & Thermostat replacement

Last edited by funkays; 11-23-2019 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 0