Thread: Vinyl Wrap
View Single Post
      05-29-2019, 07:36 AM   #30
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Thank you gentlemen! Yeah no roof rails on the IS. I would have preferred for it to have them as I would have taken them out, wrapped them and tucked the edge of the vinyl into the channel versus leaving an exposed cut to the elements. The knifeless tape was worth the investment and with the roof being designed the way that it was and the color of the car, it's hard to tell where the line begins and ends.

Next up on the wrap to do list is the lower corners of the bumper and the side skirts plus re-wrapping the chrome surround for the grille. Will be doing those in matte black. Still undecided if I'm going to wrap the mirror caps and if I do can't decide if I want to go gloss or matte. I'd prefer to go matte but now seeing how nice the gloss looks on the roof it's hard to decide. I'm thinking about keeping the roof the only thing gloss and using matte everywhere else to create some depth in contrast. After those parts are done, I'll be smoking the headlights and tails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post

I don't think I'd have the patience so I just paid the $180 to my friends at Endless Auto Salon ..... But it was worth it, love the look!
Had either of the two companies here quoted me $180 I would have had them do it. That's a decent price. I was quoted $250 just for the roof alone. After I told them what all I wanted wrapped, they quoted upwards of $500. With the cost of vinyl being relatively inexpensive, I'll just do it myself and save the money. I'm just glad the biggest, toughest job is over. The rest of my wrapping will be simple small jobs just to add some flare.

Last edited by King Rudi; 05-29-2019 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 1