View Single Post
      05-30-2019, 02:48 PM   #35
louscrw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Crazy! Small world. I actually picked this car up about a month ago in Dallas GA. It was one of the 3 F-Sports that I could find in the South East in this color without the red seats. If this is your wife's former car, what did she go to? What made her want to get away from the IS?
Her car was a 2014 Nebula Grey, but it had the red interior. We traded it in Macon, Ga (about 1 hour south of Atlanta) for a G20 330i. Her Lexus was bought locally and has been spotted by some of my friends around town.

We just got the itch for a new car. There was nothing wrong with her IS. It had 55K miles. We looked at new 2019 IS's, but the interior was pretty much identical to her 2014, and there were some things I didn't like about it. Even though it's her car, given that I daily drive a lifted 4x4 truck, we pretty much take her car everywhere, so I spend my fair share of time in it. Petty as it is, one of my biggest gripes about the car was the placement of the cup holders. Also, although the seats were comfortable, the fact that the bolsters weren't adjustable made it a little tight for my "not so skinny" self.

It's unfortunate because the Lexus dealership is much more aesthetically pleasing and the staff is far nicer and easier to deal with compared to our local BMW dealership. I will definitely give Lexus another look when this lease it up strictly based on that alone.

My wife likes this segment of cars, and really wanted a A5/S5 sportback. But, the nearest Audi dealership is an hour away, and that didn't seem practical for maintenance and service.
Appreciate 0