View Single Post
      05-30-2019, 03:58 PM   #36
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by louscrw View Post
Her car was a 2014 Nebula Grey, but it had the red interior. We traded it in Macon, Ga (about 1 hour south of Atlanta) for a G20 330i. Her Lexus was bought locally and has been spotted by some of my friends around town.

We just got the itch for a new car. There was nothing wrong with her IS. It had 55K miles. We looked at new 2019 IS's, but the interior was pretty much identical to her 2014, and there were some things I didn't like about it. Even though it's her car, given that I daily drive a lifted 4x4 truck, we pretty much take her car everywhere, so I spend my fair share of time in it. Petty as it is, one of my biggest gripes about the car was the placement of the cup holders. Also, although the seats were comfortable, the fact that the bolsters weren't adjustable made it a little tight for my "not so skinny" self.

It's unfortunate because the Lexus dealership is much more aesthetically pleasing and the staff is far nicer and easier to deal with compared to our local BMW dealership. I will definitely give Lexus another look when this lease it up strictly based on that alone.

My wife likes this segment of cars, and really wanted a A5/S5 sportback. But, the nearest Audi dealership is an hour away, and that didn't seem practical for maintenance and service.
The cup holders are my biggest complaint! A person has to reach behind ergonomically where your elbow is to grab your cup. The mouse pad is located where the cup holders should be. I had a 2011 IS350 I bought back in 2013 and loved it, (not to mention the cup holder was perfectly placed) this is ultimately why I went back to Lexus after getting rid of the 335i. My only other small disappointment about the IS is the lack of ambient lighting. The last 3 cars had it and it just seems to add a touch of class to the interior while driving at night. The 2011 had led lights in one of the cup holders also; looked really cool when you had a bottle of water in it at night. I'm already looking into trying to wire up an interior mod for ambient lighting under the seats and for the cup holders but don't want to go as bright as most of the kits being sold. Less is more in my opinion.

I had a similar experience when selling my G35 2 years ago to a local guy. Had people calling me all the time to complain to me about doing dough-nuts/burnouts when it wasn't me.

I have to say that any dealing that I've had with a Lexus dealership has been a far more pleasant experience than the BMW dealership. The 2011 had a recall on it, the local dealer not only quickly serviced the recall, gave me a brand new GS loaner for a week, the GS had a full tank of gas when I got it, they gave me an oil change, detailed my car and changed my wiper blades for free....AND I didn't even buy my car from them.

A close friend of mine just bought his wife a 2017 A4 and he was telling me last week that he was over it already. Very nice car inside and out but the closest dealer is over an hour away. Costs a fortune for an oil change but they have to go there while under warranty. He also made the comment that because they have to drive to Knoxville for the oil change the wife wants to shop while she's there, plus dinner so it costs him an arm and a leg not to mention wasting an entire day. I catch him drooling over my car every time he's at the house. A local shop here does my oil changes for $60 and that includes a complete inspection of the car with pictures sent to my email.
Appreciate 1
natahoa252.00