View Single Post
      11-09-2018, 02:55 PM   #1
dkat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2000 BMW Z8, 2011 1M, 2020 Por

1 Year with a 1M

I just realized that yesterday was the anniversary of the purchase of my 1M.

When I first saw the 1M in person at a dealership in 2011, I kicked myself for not ordering one new. Having just purchased my Z8 that same year, I was in no position to buy yet another car plus my wife would have surely divorced me.
I promised myself that one day I would find a 1M having read all the stellar reviews from the automotive press.
Last year I located & purchased a low mileage 1M. I have put on about 1,000 miles since then. I absolutely love this car. It is everything a BMW should be. Telepathic steering, sublime shifting and enough usable HP that you should ever need on public roads. Also, it has usable capacity to haul people or gear should the need arise. The car is stealthy enough that most people don't not give it a second look. Gear heads give me a knowing nod or a thumbs up. Also, its rarity almost ensures that there will not be another one at a local C&C or car show. I cannot think of any car I would rather have in this price range or even more. I feel like I have joined a really special club.
I have gained a wealth of knowledge from the participating forums members. Thank you all. Looking forward to more grin inducing miles in the future. Attached is a photo 1 year ago yesterday, before I took delivery.
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
Dackelone10525.50
Tornado1M1209.00
ayao634.50
seis-speed2430.50
BAN_M2C4171.00
1mGator143.50