No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
You hit the nail with the hammer on that last comment! Agree 1000%

The 1M is rare and we Baby it probably more than we should....I didn't go into it thinking that is what I was going to do as well. But, with only 8314 on it when I took ownership......and such a nice example of the car....I decided to keep true to the original owners creed.

Sometimes I wish I just got one with 40-50k miles and then just drove it as a daily. So, I definitely do envy you guys that do that. Right now I'm planning on taking her out one last time and then putting her away pretty much from December to beginning of April ��
Yeah, I was talking to another 1M owner about this recently, and it's the reason I bought a plain old 135i with modification plans. Of course, I would have spent the $10K extra for the 1M when new, but I wasn't willing to pay collector prices for a used car that I'm going to pound on. I also noticed this in the Porsche club. The guys who've owned their air-cooled 911s for decades are suddenly tracking them less and less, because the value is making them nervous. It's a double edged sword.

Of course, I'm sure if I was in a particular income bracket, I'd still buy a 1M without worry and just drive it into the ground, or maybe buy two or whatever.
You shouldn't care what collectors or "enthusiasts" think. Buy one and drive the shit out of it...that's what they're made for. $60k is still cheaper than a new M4 and the 1M is waaaaaay more fun to drive and own.

I actually feel sorry for people who buy cars and never drive them...the ones with super low miles I feel like they've never even enjoyed the car....would suck to value condition over living in the moment. A product of "thinking too much" IMO.
Tornado1M1211.00
FIRSTM143.50