02-29-2016, 05:40 PM   #18
1spirit
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Cool shots. What kind of suspension modifications are you running?
All M3 arms/bushings, Ohlins R&T, and Vorshlag camber plates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRussia View Post
Ive been wanting to do a track day for the longest time...but I'm worried about my car overheating and going into limp mode or something breaking. I'm also still on the not-good stock suspension (besides a Eibach front sway bar and Whiteline RSB inserts) and stock brakes and pads. I've been wanting to track so bad that I been considering selling my car for a E92 M3 which seems to be a better platform for tracking and spending time and $ on installing better suspension and brakes.

Your post and track experiences are making me reconsider...maybe i should keep my 1er and go all in on brakes and suspension. But then I think about that glorious S65 V8...
You may have heard this countless times, but it can't be overstated: the driver mod is more important/worthwhile than any modification or car you can drive.

The E92 M3 is a better platform for tracking but I've heard it has its own set of issues on the track too. I've driven both, and I feel the E82 is a better daily commuter, but most track nuts could care less about that.

If the high revving V8 engine and its intoxicating sound is important to you, I'd say go with the M3. If I needed a dedicated track car (keyword: dedicated), I'd choose the E92 M3...or the earlier E46 or E36 ones, or rather an S2000. But that's a different discussion for another thread
Appreciate 0