Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
In late 2011 I found an E82 1M for my client after production had ended. He realized that I was correct that it was going to be a great car after telling him about it for 18 months.

He still has his 997.1 911 Turbo he ordered with special equipment and basically stopped driving it because he immediately fell in love with his 1M after the first drive.

He said it felt alive in his hands, and that the Turbo was crazy in regards to power and speed but the 1M has power one can use without going to jail.

He still says he will never sell it. His 1M only has 1,200 miles and he has put on 200 of it.
That sounds like a contradictory story. He loves how it drives so much he doesn’t drive his Porsche but has only put 200 miles on his 1M.

I will say again, unless you’re buying this car strictly as a speculative investment, it’s not worth $92k to drive around. It’s special, just not that special. And I realize I’m posting in a 1M forum with fanboys who all fantasize their cars will be worth millions. But for just a few more grand, I bought a CPO Boxster and a new Corvette. I could buy a Z06 which I feel is an incredible car for less than an this aging 1M cost.
My car definitely won't be worth millions. I have driven it as intended, and am not shy about it. I could probably sell it for original MSRP give or take a few grand despite 7 years and 53k miles of pure enjoyment. Name another car that would do THAT for me. Not a fanboy....just a driving addict who found the perfect match.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
10"4967.50