Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
The only thing special about this car is that so few were made. The M2 is better in every regard, and it looks waaay better. The only reason to buy this car at that price is because it's your unicorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_M3 View Post
I must be alone but drove two 1Ms on two different occasions with the intent to buy and just could not do it. I had an F80 M3 at the time and the 1M felt inferior in every way. So the only thing going for it were the looks and bragging rights. I don't care about bragging rights so that left me with just looks.

I never buy anything on looks alone so I still have yet to experience what makes these cars so desirable, maybe some that also loves to drive cars can enlighten me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayers1997 View Post
the 1M is really overhyped. its basically a modern E36 M3. that's great, but it's not 90 grand great. my E36 is fully built, and the interior is modernized, and it's a far superior car to the 1m I almost bought before I got an F80. I just cant imagine spending almost 100 grand on a car that a 340i blows the doors off
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Honestly and respectfully, that wasn’t my experience...in 2015. Much less now.

When I got my 981 CS in 2015, I also drove a base 991, 1M, and 991 CS...and the 1M was a distant 4th. A faaaaar distant 4th, from both a looks, tech, and (especially) driving experience perspective - it was a hell of a bargain in 2011, but it’s expensive now because it’s production numbers were artificially limited. It was an experiment, albeit a cool one, by BMW to see if people still wanted a small RWD M car. Turns out that about 6,000 (I forget the exact number) people worldwide were willing to pay for a MT only car with the 135 engine and bug eyes.

I’m glad that was the case, because we got the M2, M2C, and I’m sure the M2CS out of that experiment (all better cars in every objective test).

But don’t get it twisted...the 1M is not anywhere near the level of a car that can regularly command $92,000...and fun is a subjective application, not a factual one.
1m fanboys in this thread are getting really butthurt. relax guys no one said the 1m is a bad car, but no one can argue it's worth that much money. there are many better cars for better prices. if you love the 1m that is great and good for you for having one. stupid is still stupid.
Appreciate 2