VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
Get an extended warranty, no question.
Mine has paid for itself in the first year. FRM, front Tension struts, Waterpump and a few other odds. Total of over $3,000 parts and labor. I paid $130. There's no question that I'm happy with my warranty.
I had my local BWM dealer do the work and they provide me with a loaner. So I'm never down a vehicle, just time. No big deal to me.

Far as ownership goes. Maintenance costs are no more than anything else really, performance wise. It's just shop wisely and plan accordingly.
Oil changes will run around $50+ no matter how you do them. You could save here if you're willing to do UOI's and extended drain intervals.
Fuel, you'll eat lots of it. Pump gas, plan on 22mpg average. Ethanol, plan on 16mpg average. You do the cost per mile figures, don't fixate on the MPG number, cost per mile is all that matters!
Tires, you don't have to spend a fortune on them. Again shop smart and buy according to your needs. PSS isn't the tire everyone NEEDS.

If done correctly the car is not break the bank expensive to own/maintain. Use your head.

And TBH, a tuned 135i is a VERY fun car. And now that both the N54 and N55 can use MHD, I'd recommend you look into a tune if you buy one. It'll really bring a smile to your face.
What he said......plus, I would certainly take the 135 over the G37. I owned a G35, Bimmer is tons more fun to drive. Just be aware that the maintenence will run somewhat more, and most extended warranties only go to 100k. I also own a 135 (dct) and drive around 20k/year.
Appreciate 0