View Single Post
      04-09-2018, 08:52 AM   #64
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
An LSD is soon in-the-works for me

I'm thinking that I'll pick up a 3.73 328i pum'kin (around $100 on ebay), and build that with the LSD (dunno which one yet) so that I don't have to take my car out of service for an extended period of time.

I have done some looking, and gather that the 3'er diff (small housing) will bolt right into my 128i no issues. Also, from what I've read, the 328i diff has a bolted ring gear, which is a good thing for doing a swap with. Is this information correct?

Now, how are the MFactory diffs? They're a good bit less expensive than anything else I've seen, which is nice, and they also have a good warranty, and a seemingly good reputation. Should I go for a 1-,1.5-, or 2-way diff? What are the differences?

My car is a daily-driven car, but it isn't usually driven lightly, and regularly gets out on backroads and gets out on-track a few weekends in the summer. I'd like to be able to get some skidding action in the wet out of it, and some better traction and predictability in the snow (as I said, it gets driven).

I appreciate any information and recommendations you can offer, as I'm really knowledge-biased towards suspension. I have WtLn Sbfrm Bushing Inserts (M Bushings going in soon), M Control Arms, and 15mm SwBr. I'll definitely be installing the M (front pos.) and Powerflex (rear pos.) diff bushings when the diff is finally out, since they've been lying around the house for a few months .

Thanks again!