View Single Post
      01-30-2020, 09:29 AM   #16
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by $iriu$black View Post
Thanks to all the replies. I did mean the factory seat belt with the 3-point. Sorry for the confusion.

I agree that it is indeed club-specific. I ride w NASA NE mostly but also with PCA North Country and COM here in Mass. I’ll reach out to them and see what they say.

If the BMW performance seats pass, does that equate to Recaro Sportsters passing as well since they’re basically one and the same? Just because I think that’s the closest to getting better side support but not going to a full fixed back seat.
Again, read relevant rules. But as stated above, typically BMW performance seats are "exempt" because they are a factory seat. Put into the car to be used with the factory airbags and factory 3-point lap belts. You're getting into technical interpretations of rules. Drop a Recaro polester into your car and it's an aftermarket seat. Not a factory option. It would generally NOT be OK to run the factory 3-point harness in that scenario. Official answers will likely always be strict to the rules. Roll up to an event and no one will probably question it... but it would suck to be turned away.
Appreciate 1
amg6975500.00