View Single Post
      05-17-2021, 10:08 AM   #1
StevieJ2
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Custom monoblock forged wheel thread

Figured I'd make a thread and keep everyone updated with the progress wit these custom wheels being made. Was looking to go outside of the handful of available wheels for the 135 and get something different/better/cheaper (yes these things do exist). So far this is what we have come up with.

The first is the schematics - I am waiting on clarification on the ET reflecting 2 different numbers, uncertain if the engineer did a typo, or if there is a difference from the point of measurement and my request on the schematic.

The others are a few CG pics. Then a pic of the same design on my Tesla I've had for a few years now.

Once these are done and have been test fitted, I'll post up their contact info in the second post here so you can reach out to them if you want to get a proper set of wheels direct from a manufacturer, skip the middle man that takes a cut of the $, and, be able to get any of hundreds of designs, in any offset, size, or other spec that you want.

<I still need to validate caliper clearance for the M brakes, but these measurements should be good enough as-is>
<I'll also get getting a set of matching 17" for drag radials on the rear, but need to validate fitment of these before ordering those>

And here are the ones currently on my Tesla, they are 18x8.5 and weigh a whopping 17.3 pounds, rated at 750kg.

Last edited by StevieJ2; 05-17-2021 at 10:14 AM..
Appreciate 2
Fakemike368.50
dtla1827.50