View Single Post
      10-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #56
prg193
Registered
Malta
Rep
Drives: white e87 118d msport

Hi all, im new to the forum, im peter from malta and have got a white 118d msport...
So, last week i was sick and took a couple of days off work which gave me time to source all the rattles and knocking in my 1er :0)
I had a sliding rattle noise coming from the front driver side, after checking if the door rattled, dash, seat ect i found out that some coins had found their way into the a/c vents under the drivers seat which warm the rear passengers feet.... so i reversed fast down the road and braked heavily twice ... and found 3 coins on the carpet at the rear :0). that solved 1 problem.....
The other noise was coming from the rear, behind the front passenger seat... going through the forums and going down to the dealer, i was convinced that my 1er had a defective fuel tank and the float or flap was rattling when driving over a pothole or speed hump, reversing ect....... after lifting the car, checking tank ect , i was lead to the rear seats.... With the seats down the clunking went away.... so i just folded 2 peices of paper and put them in between the seat and where it locks, so that the seat will be pushed slightly forward when locked in place... no more rattles till now:0) as the roads in malta are like the moon :0) hope this helped some one and sorry for the long post reply :0)
Appreciate 0