01-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #29
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by e34m5
I'm really thinking of doing this. However, I found that Powerflex sell inserts that fill in the gaps in the OE bushings.

I had read this in a post somewhere but I can't find it now. Has anyone had any experience or heard of using these.

The advantage is simply from an installation perspective. Of course the vendor info says that it works great. Apparently the real issue with the OEM is that the are hollow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opvaulet View Post
Yes. They do work really well. Good option unless the OEM is torn. Biggest gain is the back end responds to steering immediately. Tons of time saved by not having to remove original bushings.

How much did you guys pay for your Powerflex inserts? The last time I looked at them on the web... they wanted over $460 for the rear axle set. For that kind of money I would rather have quality BMW M3 units. Which is why I went with the M3 ones.

I agree with your stteering comment opvaulet the whole front end feels much more planted now and seems to work better. Like I have said in my OP these rear bushings really transform the way our cars drive! It is a MUST DO mod as far as I am concerned. I might be able to live w/o an LSD but I had to have these bushings. Especially now that I can feel how much they improved teh way my car drives!

Dack
Appreciate 0