aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e34m5 View Post
I'm really thinking of doing this. However, I found that Powerflex sell inserts that fill in the gaps in the OE bushings.

I had read this in a post somewhere but I can't find it now. Has anyone had any experience or heard of using these.

The advantage is simply from an installation perspective. Of course the vendor info says that it works great. Apparently the real issue with the OEM is that the are hollow.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ight=powerflex

Here is where I found the info when I was looking to find out about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post

How much did you guys pay for your Powerflex inserts? The last time I looked at them on the web... they wanted over $460 for the rear axle set. For that kind of money I would rather have quality BMW M3 units. Which is why I went with the M3 ones.

I agree with your stteering comment opvaulet the whole front end feels much more planted now and seems to work better. Like I have said in my OP these rear bushings really transform the way our cars drive! It is a MUST DO mod as far as I am concerned. I might be able to live w/o an LSD but I had to have these bushings. Especially now that I can feel how much they improved teh way my car drives!

Dack
I purchased the Poweflex inserts and installed them at home while doing the rear swaybar upgrade. I went off of the instructions that a guy on E90post had and followed everything to the T. Overall, installation was not bad with the exception of the rears which wound up being a bit of a hassle to secure in place since they kept slipping out. Once secured though I did the fronts. It took me a bit of time until I realized that I needed to remove the front base plates that hold the front portion of the subframe. The front ones went in very smoothly.

On the road, the difference is very apparent as the rear has no sloppy feeling whatsoever. Left to right transitions are very firm and planted and has a better solid feel.

http://store.powerflexusa.com/bmw-e8...ngs-p1203.aspx

This website does show an array of different bushing replacements for the whole suspension with teh most expensive ones at $459. The solid poly ones are about $259. If I had to do this again, I would probably go with the M3 bushings and have someone install them. Now don't get me wrong, the inserts are a great alternative for the DIY'er and not bad at all for the price. Once I have more time in the car since the Bavarian weather is "so Beautiful" during this time and I have to wait to get my license back I can give a better review. For now, that is my initial assesment, but will eventually go with the M3 bushes.