View Single Post
      11-11-2015, 04:00 PM   #6
GrantM.Smith
Rep
Drives: 13' X5 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJx View Post
Salvage title? What kind of accident / damage?
Damage to driver's side in accident before I took ownership at about 1600 miles. The insurance company who repaired the vehicle self-disclosed that they cannot 100% verify the odometer reading due to inclduing reflashing the ECU. The mileage is correct as reflashing does not alter the odometer, but the insurance company does not know that. That is what caused the branded/salvage title. The mileage is correct. I know this becuase the slavage title didnt appear until after I pruchased the vehicle, so I had my attorney look into the matter to see if there was any thing I could file against the dealer who I bought it from. We have a case, but as it will take many months in federal court, and I am not intersted in gouging the dealer for extra money, I have decided to sell it on the private market.

I have had the vehicle since it had 3060 miles on the clock and it is mechanically fantastic. The only issue I have had in over 30,000 miles had to due with the accesory belt. It, and a mount for the belt, were replaced at about 16,000 miles if I remember correctly.

Let me know if you have more questions as I will elaborate as needed.

Also, if there are any specific pictures or information you would like, let me know and I will take them or get you that information.

Last edited by GrantM.Smith; 11-11-2015 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0