View Single Post
      11-21-2019, 09:52 PM   #13
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

You may have thought about it already, but having any friends / family in big cities across the country can help a lot. I'm in MN but was able to expand my search to Atlanta, Houston and Austin, the Bay Area, and Knoxville as well as locations somewhat nearby any of those. All places had people who'd be willing to put me up for the night, and some who would even go drive a car I was serious about and check it out for me.

And again, in case it wasn't obvious, though there's distance involved the cars at dealerships are probably in pretty good shape and reasonably trustworthy. You could likely get maintenance logs. So even though they can be far away, you can feel fairly secure the only hardship is the drive home and it be unlikely you'd see the car for the first time and be disappointed and walk away. And the drive home could be kind of fun. Especially w/ holidays coming up, you'd perhaps get some time off work? If you're busy / a family man (or woman) there's always the option to ship. It does start to get risky after a while but generally you're pretty safe. You could do a combo like fly out, drive it, buy it, then fly home and ship it. Obviously you're adding a grand or more to the price, but if you're looking for that diamond it might be worth it.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00