View Single Post
      07-30-2019, 07:22 AM   #1
MOSTRO
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 30 Jahre

E82 125i or 135i

Hi Guys,

I have been a Bimmerpost member for a few years although I have been mainly frequenting the F80 lounge as up till a week ago I was the proud owner of a gorgeous F80 M3 30 Jahre (Bought new in Aug 2017). In fact VTL from these parts was kind enough to do some basic coding for that car.

Life being shit and all, I have stopped working at my previous employer and needed to get some equity back into the bank in case my job search continues longer than expected.

Anywhoooo, I am going to be in need of a replacement vehicle soon, and I can't peel away from the brand. I have given myself a moderate budget of $15-$25k, and I thought what fun car can I get with a manual box, that can seat 4.

I recall VTL's awesome E82 although I swear I thought it was a 125i Vincent,

I thought a 135i would be perfect, but was soon warned by some friends that the Turbo 3.0's can have some large maintenance bill and turbo failure rate is high amongst these. I was told by the same people to consider the 125i instead as it is essentially the same 6 Cyl 3.0 engine minus the turbos, which will have a much more natural NA feel about it and better reliability. Is that true?

I know I will be sacrificing a whole lot of torque and general smiles by side stepping the 135i but I just can't be arsed with leaking or blown turbos and other weak links.

Apologies if this has been covered before, but my search didn't show up a thread on the 125i vs 135i.

Any help will be appreciated.