View Single Post
      09-28-2017, 01:23 AM   #89
hot-j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

The Diff has about 1800 street miles on it and is FINALLY broken in. Lets talk gearing first. The 3.45 was an absolute killer upgrade! Acceleration in 2nd to 5th gear is LOL better. It definitely gave me the edge I was looking for without a turbo upgrade. I've lost about 3-500 rpm in 6th for highway cruising, putting me at about 2900 RPMS at 80mph. Fuel economy has suffered greatly...lol.
Now transitioning. Compared to the stock diff, this is light-years ahead in its reaction. Its instant. Making quick L to R or vise versa extremely controlled and satisfying.
On to Traction. Straight line. In the wet, and on cold tires in the dry, I still will get some wheelspin in 2nd gear. Obviously more in the wet. Dry is more like a momentary thing while the diff struggles asking the tires for grip before they warm up.
In turns, the diff initally induced much more throttle oversteer in my chassis set-up (pre break in). This is probably due to pre load, how much pre load it has, I don't know. I was told it would lose alot during the break in process, and that seems to have been true. It has taken a while playing with my shock settings to get to the point of neutrality. Off throttle is now producing very slight understeer with my shocks one click harder up front. Power oversteer can be achieved and modulated very easily by "egg shelling" the throttle, steering the front where I want it. (Traction off M mode on) Squeezing the throttle progressively out of turns will keep you on track and out of the trees.
The one thing I haven't tested yet is hard braking and seeing how the tail reacts and if I get any wiggle.
So all that being said would I do anything differently? Probably not. 50/50 ramp angles were discussed breifly but dismissed. Can't make this thing too easy to drive or I might ruin its reputation! ;-) hope this helps you guys thinking about this upgrade.
*EDIT*
High speed braking is also A+. Panic stops from 100mph to 0 are extremely stable! No rear shimmy what so ever..

Last edited by hot-j; 10-11-2017 at 01:36 AM..
Appreciate 1
8081M40.50